Here are some activities you can do at home- if you need a little inspiration!
Suggested Apps for your ipad or iphone
Below is a list of Apps that we have used or plan on using in class. They are all free!! Some will try and get you to upgrade. You do not need to buy any upgrades. Please note that your child should always be supervised when playing these apps. It is also recommended that you turn location services off on your ipad or iphone. When updating an app please ensure that the content is still appropriate for your child. Just because it was appropriate before the update doesn't mean it still is now. Apps change their content quite regularly so you should also be checking them regularly.
- Spelling city
- Phonics Vowels
- My high frequency words
- Story Free
- A story B4 bed - This one is a free app but then charges you after a few free stories. Lots of fun!
- Splash Maths 1
- Penguin Math
- Coop Fraction
- 10 minutes a day times table
- IXL maths (when it asks you to sign up just click continue as guest)
- Number Line
- Number Rack
- Number Pie
- Number Pieces
Other awesome apps
- School A to Z - This one is for parents! Explains the terms you might come across at school. Not sure what an apex is? Don't know what an array is? Don't know what assonance is? Then this is the app for you! Also has information on different topics and games for kids. Designed by NSW Gov highly recommend.
- Brain Pop Junior- Has a new movie each week. So many topics to learn about! Hit the search button for a lesson on anything. Covers all topics such as science, literacy, maths. Social studies is not relevant as it is an American App. One movie is free a week but then will ask to charge you. Love this app!
- Too noisy lite- This one is for parents. Great for managing noise in your home! Just for fun!
- Screen Chomp- Write and record your thinking. Send it to a friend. Good for Maths tasks and planning your stories in writing.
- Tellagami- Plan and record your own stories, birthday cards, messages etc
Why not try some of these activities to challenge yourself and STRETCH your brain?